Thursday, August 1, 2013

End of July trip report

July 12:
As I sit here in the Nairobi airport waiting to fly back to America, I look at some local news on my laptop from Raleigh, NC.  Then it dawns on me it's mid July, and a month of my life is gone since I left home.  But wow, we have seen so much gained for eternity in this last month.  Results we have seen include 983 professing Christ as Savior and 577 committing to sexual purity through the True Love Waits program, as well as programs started for some 30 widows that now have a hope for the future. 

God is amazing.  I see the ministry in the Lake Victoria region of western Kenya like a snowball rolling down a mountain. God is bringing many souls to Himself that He planned long ago.  This last month of my life has not been wasted.  It it a privilege and a blessing to be used by God in this way.  I leave Kenya with mixed emotions. I'm leaving so many people that I love so dearly.  But I'm going home to some others that I also love so dearly and look forward to sharing God's work with churches and small groups. 

What's the vision?  I'm not stopping with what I've have seen accomplished.  Our September trip is not far away as we will disciple the followers and conduct a marriage conference for hundreds that are planning to attend.  Then comes the December trip when possibly 800 children will attend camp.  God is blessing Interlocking Ministries because this was His plan set in motion long ago, and now is the time for these people to discover Christ and His plan for them. 

God is doing so much more through this ministry than I ever expected.  Thank you each of you for your part.  Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment